Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

We are Pleased to Announce...

two things/events/actions(?) in Alivia's life that we feared would never happen. 

Number 1: I've been afraid to say it out loud... but Liv is completely potty trained! 

All it took was ballet class.  During her gymnastics class they had a ballet class going on at the same time across the way.  One time I took her out to change her diaper and she stopped and watched.  "I want to do ballet!" I told her you can only go to ballet when you wear panties not diapers. 

She said ok.  As we left gymnastics she got one last look at the dance class and then were off to Target for potty prizes (yellow reese's).  And then she was ready... 

Number 2: Pinkie and Greenie are gone... aka No more binkies!

One day we were at Toys R Us and she found Daniel Tiger's Treehouse.  I told her when she went potty she could have it.  (We obviously are fine with bribes.) This was months ago but we have talked about it a lot in hopes that something would be sparked. 

So when she was ready to be potty trained she never mentioned it again... and why would we want another toy? 

Then Monday she brought it up.  "When I go potty then I can have Daniel Tiger's Dreamhouse" (we liked dreamhouse better than treehouse... also she loves the TERRIBLE "Barbie's Life in the Dreamhouse" books.  So I changed the bribe to when you throw out your binkies.  She was surprisingly ok with this and told me "When I throw my binkies away I can have it?" I agreed. "ok.." then she sat deeply in thought.  

So the next day Chad put up a picture on our computer and tv screen... as a good reminder of how cool it is.  And she looked at it and looked at it.  


Then Tuesday she said "Tomorrow I will throw my binkie away." I thought... yeah.. ok. 
She loves them... and still talks about how greenie is broken and we need to fix him. 


And then she walked in without us saying anything about it and said "I'm throwing pinkie away, then you order Daniel Tiger?" 

and there went pinkie... into the trash. 




She then continued to make sure that I was ordering it... that it had been ordered... that it was coming in the mail.  

That night she didn't even ask for her pinkie.  She got her blankets, laid down in her bed and then was fine.  She woke up a couple times and each time she would just mutter "Daniel's coming in the mail. Daniel tiger." ha.

She hasn't asked for them since.  While driving in the car we were talking about how the treehouse was coming in the mail today.... and she goes "We have our binkies in our beds." I explained that we don't need our binkies... and she smirked and said "ok.... I get daniel tiger's dreamhouse! NO BINKIES!"

She's getting to be a big girl. 

No comments: